Welcome to Cedarhurst
At Cedarhurst, we believe it’s possible to provide a high quality of life for people living with dementia.
Cedarhurst is a small and secure residence for people who have mild to moderate dementia, including Alzheimer's disease. We offer care for a maximum of 24 residents. Each section in the home has six residents sharing their own kitchen and dining area, with a dedicated personal support worker. The strong caregiving support within each small group allows residents the comfort of their routines plus the opportunity to enjoy flexibility in their day-to-day activities.
Our goal is to provide a nurturing home-like environment, engaging residents through creative, stimulating and meaningful activities that suit each individual’s needs and abilities. Cedarhurst is different from most retirement homes and nursing homes in that we do not provide dementia care as an add-on to a more general business. Because we specialize in caring for those with dementia, and our home was built specifically for this population, we are ideally suited to manage their unique challenges.
Questions about living at CEDARHURST?
9AM - 5PM MON - FRI
BOOK A TOUR
OUR UNIQUE ADVANTAGES
- Six people per unit - Our small home-like setting features only 24 people living in four separate units. Six residents share a unit, and each unit has six private bedrooms plus a common sitting area, dining room and kitchen; a dedicated personal support worker serves these six residents.
- Dementia specialists - We specialize in providing a secure and caring home for people living with mild to moderate dementia, including Alzheimers disease. All of our staff are fully engaged in serving this population.
- Flexible - Our routines, including breakfast time, bath time and bed time, are flexible in order to accommodate the needs and desires of our residents.
- Individual care - Our philosophy of care is holistic and individualistic. We build on each resident’s strengths and interests, and we encourage choice in daily activities to promote autonomy while providing comfort and safety.
I like working at Cedarhurst because it’s a warm and friendly environment where resident care comes first. It’s also a small setting where you can get to know and meet the need of each resident.
- Lydia Andall, SPRINT PSW Staff
"When I first stepped into Cedarhurst, I felt the warmth and saw the nurturing that the staff and management provide to the residents. I always feel like I'm part of a big family every day I come into Cedarhurst."
- Danitha Kanagavaratha, (former) Project Manager, Ewart Angus Homes Inc.
Cedarhurst Copyright © 2013 2601 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M2L 1B5