Cedarhurst Call for Proposal – Provision of onsite Nursing and Personal Support Services
For further details on this opportunity please visit:
1) Biddingo : go to www.biddingo.com and search '2017-001' or 2) Merx : go to www.merx.com and search '2017-001' and 'additional opportunities'
PLEASE HELP US MOVE UP TO A NEW LEVEL OF CARE
Cedarhurst Home: Dementia care that hugs the soul and ignites the spirit
At Cedarhurst, we are adopting a new culture that encourages living the way we all want to live: with joy, love, personal choice and hope. We believe the key to achieving this is to support all members of our community – residents, staff and families – as they build profound human connections and rich experiences.
Please click here to read more and donate.
Cedarhurst Dementia Care Home is a small and secure residence for people who have mild to moderate dementia, including Alzheimer's disease. We offer care for a maximum of 26 residents. Each section in the home has six or seven residents, sharing their own kitchen and dining area, with a dedicated personal support worker. The strong caregiving support within each small group allows residents the comfort of their routines plus the opportunity to enjoy flexibility in their day-to-day activities.
Our goal is to provide a nurturing home-like environment, engaging residents through creative, stimulating and meaningful activities that suit each individual’s needs and abilities. Cedarhurst Dementia Care Home is different from most retirement homes and nursing homes in that we do not provide dementia care as an add-on to a more general business. Because we specialize in caring for those with dementia, and our home was built specifically for this population, we are ideally suited to manage their unique challenges.
Our Unique Advantages
- Small Living Spaces - Our small home-like setting features only 26 people living in four separate units. Six or seven residents share a unit, and each unit has private bedrooms and bathrooms, plus a common sitting area, dining room and kitchen; a dedicated personal support worker serves these residents.
- Dementia Specialists - We specialize in providing a secure and caring home for people living with mild to moderate dementia, including Alzheimer's disease. All of our staff are fully engaged in serving this population.
- Flexible - Our routines, including breakfast time, bath time and bed time, are flexible in order to accommodate the needs and desires of our residents.
- Individual care - Our philosophy of care is holistic and individualistic. We build on each resident’s strengths and interests, and we encourage choice in daily activities to promote autonomy while providing comfort and safety.
WE CURRENTLY HAVE A VACANCY
Call today to schedule a tour
416-447-1474 x 233
Cedarhurst Dementia Care Home Copyright © 2016 2601 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M2L 1B5