providers are specially trained personal support workers.
We recognize the importance of family involvement to provide truly effective and individualized resident care. We believe a trusting and equal partnership with family members ensures delivery of the greatest possible care.
Working with families, we can provide a more personal approach by combining our skills, knowledge and experience in shared care giving.
- A ratio of personal support workers to residents of 1:6/7 during the day and evening and 1:13 overnight, seven days a week, supported by a full-time supervisor and manager.
- Throughout the daytime, one personal support worker is dedicated to the six or seven residents, building an environment of familiarity and knowledge about each resident’s preferences and needs.
- A full-time activationist on site seven days a week who works with residents on a small and large group basis
- An understanding of the effect dementia has on behaviours
- A flexible routine which is patterned to follow the desires of our residents. For example, bedtimes and bath times are flexible and breakfast is eaten when desired.
- Encouragement to our residents to remain as involved as they are able, building on their skills and strengths.
- Access to visits by a dementia specialist, a foot care nurse and a hairdresser.
Cedarhurst Dementia Care Home Copyright © 2016 2601 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M2L 1B5